ProCogia worked with Product Managers to develop a custom suite of metrics for an IOT device that is connected to the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system. These metrics were designed to better understand the user-base via their historical driving habits, vehicle make/model/year, geographical location, and account profile.
The IOT devices were creating an overwhelming amount of data. The Product Managers were struggling to report Metrics, Performance & Analytics of the Devices to their management. Part of the client’s challenge was sourcing Data from multiple different sources & merging it into a usable format. They also needed a way to consume the data quickly and answer specific management questions in a timely manner.
- After discussing the challenge with the key-stakeholders, we decided to adopt a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery approach for building out a final metric-rich dashboard. We used a tech stack of Databricks and Apache Spark to process the raw data and transform it into aggregated tables which were connected to Power BI – the client’s dashboarding platform of choice.
- We initially undertook quality control checks on the data and identified major historical gaps which are typically indicative of systematic failures in the data capturing systems. We worked closely with the client’s Data Engineering team, helping them understand and identify which data needed to be backfilled & educating them on best practice including tools & a new approach to monitor their data volumes going forward.
- We Educated the Product Managers through exploratory data analysis showing them the art of the possible. We identified the most useful & Insightful metrics for them to consume in their dashboard and got agreement on how they wanted these specific metrics presented.
- We then built out automated cloud-based software to efficiently ingest their large volumes of their data and output aggregated metrics. These metrics were presented in the custom dashboard which was designed with regular input from the client.
- ProCogia sourced, cleansed ingested and analyzed the previously unusable IOT device data
- We visualized the data through a bespoke Dashboard which presented a set of tailormade metrics for their product
- Product Managers could carry out their own investigations through an interactive dashboard with near-live data
- System monitoring tools implemented to track the volume of data saved and alert the client of anomalous volumes of data
We provide data consultancy to organizations to optimize your investment in people, processes, and technology. This is typically through data strategy engagements, roadmaps, transformations, and independent technology advice.
BI & Analytics
We transform complex and high-volume data into BI reports using dashboards and visualizations, allowing you to make smarter decisions.
What can we help you with?
T: +1 425-624-7532
Alternatively, simply fill in this form and we’ll be in touch.