Reporting capability was impaired by the lack of a data warehouse which meant computation of reports was deferred to the presentation layer (Power BI). There was no central repository used and no data management practices were being followed. Much of the readily available data had integrity issues for example duplicated unique IDs over 20+ years. IDs were also not consistently formatted highlighting the need for the data to be cleaned.
- ProCogia engaged their data engineering team who followed an agile methodology reporting progress weekly.
- Automated the ingestion of data using Azure Data Factory.
- The team implemented an ingestion pipeline which incrementally pulled data daily, which replaced previous inefficient full table loads.
- Shifted the report generation from Power BI into the Azure data warehouse enabling previously undiscovered historical insight.
- Improved data quality by removing duplicates and errors over a 20+ year period.
- Azure data warehouse was built and automatically refreshed with business and transactional data.
- Enabled dependency for report generation to be moved to a data warehouse with a subsequent reduction in load on a transactional system.
- New reporting capabilities across including cash, inventory, sales & billing.
- Educated the client on best practices in data management along with descriptive and diagnostic analytics.
We provide Data Consultancy to organizations to optimize your investment in people, processes, and technology.
ProCogia is partnered with the leading cloud providers, enabling our agnostic approach to focus on delivering tailored game-changing solutions for our clients.
What can we help you with?
T: +1 425-624-7532
Alternatively, simply fill in this form and we’ll be in touch.